[This article is sponsored by Peningo Systems, Inc., a provider of IBM Tivoli Consulting and Implementation Services on a nationwide basis. For more information on Peningo Systems, please go to the Peningo Tivoli Access Manager Consultants page. ]
IBM has recently release a Redbook publication “Deployment Guide Series: IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On 8.0”. This book introduces IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On 8.0, which provides single sign-on to many applications without a lengthy and complex implementation effort.
This book introduces IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On 8.0 (TAM E-SSO), which provides single sign-on to many applications without a lengthy and complex implementation effort. Whether you are deploying strong authentication, implementing an enterprise-wide identity management initiative, or simply focusing on the sign-on challenges of a specific group of users, this solution can deliver the efficiencies and security that come with a well-crafted and comprehensive single sign-on solution.
We at Peningo Systems recommend this Redbook as a valuable resource to security officers, administrators, and architects who want to understand and implement an identity management solution in a medium scale environment.
IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On Highlights:
IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On automates sign-on and access to your enterprise applications.
Eliminate the need to remember and manage user names and passwords with this single sign-on software from Tivoli.
- Simplify, strengthen and track access to Microsoft Windows, Web, Java, mainframe and teletype applications, over all major network access points with this single sign-on solution.
- Enhance security by reducing poor end-user password behavior and reduce the number of password reset calls to your service desk.
- Take advantage of comprehensive session management of kiosk machines to improve security
- Enhance security with a wide choice of strong authentication factors.
- Use centralized audit and reporting capabilities to facilitate compliance with privacy and security regulations.
- Enable end-to-end identity and access management by integrating the centralized identity management functions of IBM Tivoli Identity Manager with enterprise single sign-on, password management software and access automation
- Operating systems supported: Windows
TAM E-SSO relieves password headaches with a proven single sign-on solution across all network access points. The complexity and number of logons employees must manage on a daily basis are increasing, resulting in frustration and lost productivity. In most organizations, employees must remember between 5 and 30 passwords and are required to change them every 30 days. The time wasted entering, changing, writing down, forgetting and resetting passwords represents a significant loss in productivity and a significant cost of IT help-desk operations. With IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On—the market-leading enterprise single sign-on solution—employees authenticate once, and the software then detects and automates all password-related events for the employee, including:
- Password selection.
- Password change.
- Password reset.
If you wish to download this Redbook, please go to the following link:
About Peningo Systems:
Peningo Systems and it founders have been involved in IT Consulting for over 30 years. Peningo Systems provides IT Consultants at the Professional Service level on a nationwide basis supporting many areas including:
- WebSphere Portal
- Tivoli Consultants
- WebSphere Commerce Consulting
- WebSphere Eclipse Development
- WebSphere MQ
- System Security Architecture
- Tivoli Access Manager Consulting
- Tivoli Identity Manager Consulting
- Tivoli Storage Manager Consulting
- DB2 – UDB,
- SAP Consulting
- Remedy Consulting
- BMC Consulting
- Peregrine / HP Openview AssetCenter and ServiceCenter
- J2EE based systems architecture and development.
- JDA Software / Manugistics Consulting
- Blaze Advisor Consulting
- Hyperion Consulting
- IBM Maximo Consulting.
- Cisco Consulting
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager